PREGSMART-200 INJECTIONMay 15, 2018
SIGMERO-1000May 15, 2018
COMPOSITION: – AMOXYCILLIN TRIHYDRATE 250 MG+ CLAVULANIC ACID 125 MG
PACKING: – 10X1X10
Amoxycillin has a broad spectrum of bacteria it treats a wide variety as this medication is a semi synthetic derivative of penicillin. Its main function is to inhibit the formation of bacterial cell wall.
Clavulanic acid functions by preventing certain bacteria`s to become resistant to amoxicillin. Also, in combination to Amoxycillin an extended anti-bacterial spectrum is observed which prolongs its effects.
- ABSORPTION: A good rate of absorption was found when administered orally. Parenteral absorption was also found.
- DISTRIBUTION: Amoxycillin does not cross the blood brain barrier and diffuses into most of the body tissues readily. There is presence of potassium in traces which help in binding to proteins.
- METABOLISM AND EXCRETION: Upto 70% of amoxicillin and 40% of Clavulanic acid is excreted unchanged through the urine that too after first 6 hours of its administration.
Indications and Usage:
- Infection of upper and lower tract.
- For middle ear inflammation
- Acute Sinusitis.
- Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- And Pneumonia.