PACKING: – 10X1X10
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is a prodrug that is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and de-esterified to its active metabolite, cefpodoxime. The oral administration of 100 mg of Cefpodoxime Proxetil to fasting subjects, approximately 50% of the administered cefpodoxime dose was absorbed systemically. Over the recommended dosing range (100 to 400 mg), approximately 29 to 33% of the administered cefpodoxime dose was excreted unchanged in the urine in 12 hours. There is minimal metabolism of cefpodoxime in vivo. Ofloxacin is a bactericidal drug. It act by inhibiting the enzyme DNA gyrase (Topoisomerase 2) and Topoisomerase 4.DNA gyrase helps in the formation of a highly condensed three dimensional structure of the DNA by its nicking and closing activity and also by introducing negative supercoil in to the DNA double helix. Ofloxacin inhibits DNA gyrase which results in abnormal linkage between opened DNA and gyrase and negative supercoiling is also impaired. This will inhibits transcription of DNA in to RNA and subsequent protein synthesis.
MECHANISM OF ACTION: – The bactericidal activity of cefpodoxime results from its inhibition of cell wall synthesis. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds preferentially to penicillin binding protein 3, which inhibits production of peptidoglycan, the primary constituent of bacterial cell walls. Cefpodoxime proxetil is a prodrug that is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and de-esterified to its active metabolite, cefpodoxime. PHARMACOKINETICS: –
• ABSORPTION: – Following oral administration of 100 mg of cefpodoxime proxetil to fasting subjects,approximately 50% of the administered cefpodoxime dose was absorbed systemically.
• PROTEIN BINDING: – 22 to 33% in serum and from 21 to 29% in plasma.
• ELIMINATION: – Over the recommended dosing range (100 to 400 mg), approximately 29 to 33% of the administered cefpodoxime dose was excreted unchanged in the urine in 12 hours.
MECHANISM OF ACTION: – Ofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It functions by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a type II topoisomerase, and topoisomerase IV,which is an enzyme necessary to separate (mostly in prokaryotic, in bacteria in particular) replicated DNA, thereby inhibiting bacterial cell division.
• ABSORPTION: – Following oral administration, the bioavailability of ofloxacin in the tablet formulation is approximately 98%. Maximum serum concentrations are achieved one to two hours after an oral dose.
• ELIMINATION: – Elimination is mainly by renal excretion. Between 65% and 80% of an administered oral dose of ofloxacin is excreted unchanged via the kidneys within 48 hours of dosing. Four to eight percent of an ofloxacin dose is excreted in the feces. This indicates a small degree of biliary excretion of ofloxacin.
• HALF-LIFE: – 9 hours.
• Pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis
• Community-acquired pneumonia
• Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
• Acute, uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea
• Acute, uncomplicated ano-rectal infections in women
• Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections
• Acute maxillary sinusitis
• Uncomplicated urinary tract infections (cystitis)
One of the fastest-growing pharma companies, Soigner Pharma has established itself as a perfect destination for getting quality pharma products. Our company has an ISO certification and works as per the norms set by WHO and GMP. We are a special Cefpodoxime and Ofloxacin Tablets manufacturer and supplier in India. The company has been working for the well being of society. Moreover, Soigner Pharma has a wide range of other DCGI and FSSAI approved pharma products and also offers the PCD Pharma Franchise for Cefpodoxime and Ofloxacin Tablets.