LOGNER SYP
November 30, 2017
ZUTER A SYP
November 30, 2017

ZEED SUSP

(DEFLAZACORT 6 MG )

SKU: 5d02c84c2609 Categories: ,
Description

Packing: – 30ML
M.R.P: -62
PHARMACOLOGY: A new glucocorticoid deflazacort has a D-ring substituted steroid. It is a synthetic oxazoline derivative of prednisolone , having the molecular formula 11 beta. Deflazacort is a glucocorticoid used as an anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant. Pharmacodynamics:- Deflazacort, derived from prednisolone, is a corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity. An anti-inflammatory dose of 6 mg deflazacort is equiv to 5 mg prednisolone. Deflazacort is a glucocorticoid used as an anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant. Deflazacort is a prodrug. Its potency is around 70:90% that of prednisone. PHARMACOKINETICS:-
Absorption: – Deflazacort is easily absorbed and is immediately converted by plasma esterase to the active metabolite.
Distribution: – It achieves peak plasma concentration within 1.5 to 2 hrs. It has 40 % protein bound and has no affinity to corticosteroid binding albumin. It crosses the brain brain barrier in very low concentrations.
Metabolism: – The metabolite of D 21-OH, represents one-third of the urinary elimination. Due to short pharmacokinetic half-life of its active metabolite the pharmacological effects of deflazacort are of shorter duration.
Excretion: – Its plasma elimination half life is 1.1 to 1.9h. Elimination takes place through kidneys, 70% of the administered dose excretes through urine and the remaining 30% eliminates through feces.
Indications: – This medication is a glucocorticoid, prescribed for anti-inflammatory conditions, and used as an immunosuppressant.

Additional information
Pack Size

Download Product List
Contact Us
close slider