Montelukast+Levocetirizine a combined therapy is prescribed for the systemic treatment of allergic reactions such as chronic urticaria, obstructive airway diseases and rhinitis. Montelukast belongs to leucotriene receptor antagonist.
• Montelukast + Levocetirizine is contraindicated in patients with an allergy to either or both drugs, hepatic impairment, NSAID allergy, Churg-Strauss syndrome.
• Montelukast + Levocetirizine is contraindicated in children less than six months of age.
• Montelukast + Levocetirizine can cause dizziness. Do not drive vehicles or operate heavy machineries that need alertness. Other Drug Interactions Montelukast + Levocetirizine may interact with phenytoin, CNS depressants, rifampicin, prednisone and phenobarbital. Other Interactions
• Do not consume alcohol while taking Montelukast + Levocetirizine
• Dosage • For treatment of allergic rhinitis and chronic asthma (Adults):
• Consider administration of 10 mg once a day in the evening.
• For Prophylaxis of exercise-induced asthma (Adults):
List of Contraindications Montelukast+Levocetirizine and Pregnancy USFDA pregnancy category B. Montelukast + Levocetirizine may not cause harm to an unborn foetus. Before Montelukast treatment, the patient should discuss with the physician, if they are planning for a pregnancy. Montelukast+Levocetirizine and Lactation It is unclear whether the drug could pass through the breast milk to a breast feeding baby. Consult your physician before taking Montelukast + Levocetirizine, if you are nursing mother.
Levocetirizine 5 mg & Montelukast 10 mg