Nortriptyline acts by inhibiting the movement of pain signals in the brain as nortriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant which increases the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline). Mecobalamin helps in the production of myelin, this helps to protect nerve fibers and rejuvenates damaged nerve cells. Together, they relieve neuropathic pain (pain from damaged nerves).
Nortriptyline produces anti-depressant. MECOBALAMIN 75 MG & NORTRIPTYLINE 10 MG effect by inhibiting the re-uptake of Noradrenaline and Serotonin (5 HT) in the CNS nerve terminals .So that an increased concentration of neurotransmitters in the synaptic cleft is produced. It also possesses central anticholinergic activities. Mecobalamin is a form of vitamin B12 which is neurologically active and it is a water-soluble vitamin in the body. It is a cofactor in the enzyme methionine synthase, which transfers methyl groups for the regeneration of methionine.
• Absorption: Rapid absorption is observed on oral administration. • Distribution: It is widely distributed in the body in protein bound form.
• Metabolism: The metabolism of Nortriptyline takes place in liver.
• Excretion: In urine and some traces in faeces excretion of this molecules can be noticed.
• Absorption: Absorbed after oral, sublingual, injection
• Excretion: Excretion via urine
INDICATIONS The medication is used to treat depression, anxiety, mood/mental problems. It increase energy levels by correcting tension.